Friday 24 January 2014

Tights time travel back to the 1980s

Well, with the results almost in, it looks like the 1980s were the tights golden era.

I will analyse this a bit more in a later post.  But for now some personal reminiscences.  All pics are modern not 80s.  But tights have really changed little.

I first started wearing tights in about 1981 when I was in the sixth form.  (I was a late developer).  My tights of choice were tan tights.

I got into tan tights, just as they were going out.  The story of my life.  Of course in those days tan tights had reinforced toes.
I am still a fan of reinforced toes in pantyhose for their sheer practically.  Of course toes in those days were really reinforced.  Today's reinforced toes are only semi-reinforced.  (What an odd thing to become obsessed with pantyhose toes)
About the same time I acquired my first boyfriend.  (Like I said I was a late developer).  He had a thing about tights and this set the theme for my life.  (Men who like women in tights).  And is probably why I write this bizarre blog. (That and a desire to be liked, even if it is only by the pervs looking at the pictures I post).

I went to university.  A brief but disastrous phase. I remember wearing the modern no-no of tights with sandals - but so did my friends.
My sandals were never this cool
On the subject of shoes, I remember falling in love with a pair of peep toe shoes - worn with tights of course.  This is probably where my shoe fetish started - not that you guys want to know that - you are only here for the hose.
After being thrown out of uni, I got a job and shared a flat with a girl who wore nothing but black tights
At this stage I was in those flash coloured tights that were popular at the time.
Perhaps that's why we never got on.

The 1980's I think, were also when patterned tights were big.
Don't be ashamed of your retro tights
I was never into patterned tights, although I did have a nice black pair with hearts on.
Were summers better in the 80s too?
And of course, the 1980s marked the rise of the now ubiquitous opaque tights.  Opaques always seem too much like hard work to put on for me, but I am a bigger person (aka fat cow).
CDs also change in, in the 1980s

2 comments:

  1. So do you have a little tights fetish then?? Excellent blog keep up the good work. John

    ReplyDelete