Saturday 23 November 2013

Reasons to be cheerful: Tights (not necessarily Kate Middleton's) and a few other things.

A blog post titled "Wearing Kate Middleton’s tights cheered me right up" caught my eye.

The author starts by explaining how November is getting her down:
"We should all be hibernating, a friend told me recently. Outside, the sky was a scowling mass of grey on grey; I was sitting at the table moaning at her. I’ve been waking up tired, I told her, and going to bed tired, and being tired for all the bits in between..."
November making someone else tired?
The author then goes on to explain how Kate Middleton's tights and a few other things went on cheer her up.
Not Kate Middleton's actual tights you understand, although I'm sure that Kate Middleton's actual tights have healing properties (especially for erectile dysfunction), but a pair of the same brand.  (Come to think about it all tights probably have healing properties for erectile dysfunction, at least for certain men).
Guys, do you need a pair of her used tights on the NHS? (For that embarrassing little problem)
Anyway I digress, the author goes on
"I have a navy-blue dress that has become a multifunctional friend to shrug into for any occasion. Giddy with my freedom from fatigue and the sheer burst of energy you can get from a change of scenery, I bought brand new navy-blue tights to match, in a demurely respectable shop in the middle of town.
“They’re the ones Kate Middleton wears,” the assistant informed me, with a degree of confidentiality usually reserved for test results.
“These exact ones?” I asked.
"Later, locals and festival folk gathered in the lovely hotel’s function room to drink tea and eat cake, to listen to the readings and talk about life and ageing and religion and rain and sex.
The conviviality of the afternoon, combined with the future queen of England’s hosiery, the stirring song of the high river rushing along outside the windows, and the generosity of the welcome from that Co Mayo town, winched the weight of November from my shoulders."
It;s true a new pair of tights, (Kate's brand or not), can make you feel better.  By completing the outfit, letting you show your legs off, or just through the sheer pleasure of buying a little something solely for you.
Smiling about her tights? Probably not just about her tights.
 Anyway on an unusually cheery note here is a list of the things to be cheerful about.  The tights are, in most cases, incidental to the cheerfulness, but I know guys only visit this blog for the tights pics.

1. Mates
Being with your mates
Doing stuff with your mates
Your special girlfriend
2. Drugs
Alcohol
A cigi
Food. Hell, its a drug, especially if it contains chocolate, and has probably caused more health problems than all the other drugs put together. 
Substances that give legal and illegal highs that I probably can't mention here.  (Wonder what she's on)
Dancing.  Not a drug as such, but produces all those chemicals that turn you into a feel good brain
3.Other stuff
Shoes, handbags, clothes.  Nuff said.  Note the cat is not wearing tights - unlike every other cat on the Web
When a guy takes notice of you.  Even if he's a slap head.  We are such suckers.
The countryside.  Nah only joking.  I'm a townie.  What's beautiful about pylons?

No comments:

Post a Comment