Sunday 23 December 2012

The vicar wears tights

Sally in her trousers
A minor storm of media interest blew up in the UK when Rev Sally Hitchiner posed in tight silver leather trousers worth over £1000.  This shoot was a response to vote for women bishops that took place earlier in the year.  Rev Hitchiner said "Why shouldn't a priest be interested in Prada? I dress in a way that reflects my personality."

Ms Hitchiner went on to say "It’s not that some supposedly frivolous areas in life are not worthy enough for God. The fashion industry is important. Obviously, Nietzsche said a lot of things about God I don’t agree with, but there’s his theory that beauty makes you good, that engaging with things that are beautiful is an antidote to the ugly and the difficult."

Now I don't want to go on about the medieval sexist attitude of the British church.. (After agreeing to ordain women priests back in 1994, it has taken until now for the vote for women bishops to take place, and it was still turned down).  What I want to know is does the vicar wear tights?

I think she is in tights

Of course I cannot be sure.  But judging by the difference between the hand skin tone and leg skin tone, I'd say that Ms Hitchiner is wearing tan tights or maybe hold-ups.  (Nice shoes by the way Sally).  Now I don't think tights or platformed heals are about beauty and goodness.  In Nietzsche's terms they are about the will to power - sexual power.  Badness and depravity.  Wonder if the men in Ms H's congregation are violating Genesis 38:8 (But Onan .... spilled his semen on the ground .....) after seeing those legs and heals?
Are the women in Ms Hitchiner's congregation following her example or going for more conservative tights:

Outside a church - NOT Rev Hitchiner's
More conservative Christian women may prefer the safety of opaques

Praise him on the tambourine - but keep your legs covered
Well here is a Christmas, Christian tights picture:

Guys keep your minds on the the light of the world and don't let those reinforced toes cause you to blow your load because "And what he [Onan] did was wicked in the sight of the LORD, and he put him to death.  also".  You have been warned.

BTW This is not an atheist blog.  I believe in lots of gods.  I just prefer not to worship a god who will kill me off for brushing up my beaver.


No comments:

Post a Comment