Thursday 2 June 2011

Fashion Crime 2011

And what's that I hear you say?  (Actually I don't, but lets not get over literal about this).  Well actually according to Jezebel, it wearing nude tights.  And the perpetrator is none less than Pippa (nice ass) Middleton.

You might see nothing wrong in wearing nude tights.  In fact neither did a lot of the people who posted on the Jezebel website.
"I LOVE the way my legs look in pantyhose and I feel like tights look too "young and hip" for an office environment/woman my age (30s). I also feel so much less nekkid when I'm wearing hose. Now granted, these particular hose Pippa is wearing are butt-ugly (with the horrid sheen and all) but some nice matte, nude, hose? OMG, my legs have never looked better. No stinky self tanner or skin cancer inducing real tanner needed. Now if only I could find some vintage ones with the seam up the back I'd be in heaven...  "
"Most young women go with tights these days in the cooler months. Of course when I leave NYC and go to my husband's hometown in rural TX the girls are wearing hose in the worst heat of the summer - so I guess it's a bit regional. "
You can't start too young in nude pantyhose or can you?
"I personally think a lot of fashion icons and high fashion looks really really bad. But then it's all down to personal taste. I cannot see what is wrong with wearing tights when you might feel self conscious about displaying your naked legs (uneven skin tone etc). The rules seem so arbitary anyway." 
"I used to see girls in wispy little dresses and strappy high heels sans hose in mid-February on their way to the clubs." 
Club fun in nudes
"I find it really odd that tights (especially thick, dark ones) reign supreme in hipster tweedom, while nylons/pantyhose (even sheer ones) are so despised. It's a rather fine line between the two, isn't it? "
Semi opaque and nude tights
Opaque and possibly nude tights

But what are nude tights.  Tights with a thin enough denier that you can hardly see them.  Nude tights tend not have reinforced toes and should certainly be sheer to the waist.
These are probably too dark a tan colour and have reinforced toes so are not nude pantyhose
These much paler tights are probably nude despite the reinforced toe
Both these girls have nude tights
 Pippa and her sister (the even more famous one), always wear tights...sheer nude or opaque black, they are rarely without them.

So, to sum up nude tights:
  • Improve your legs by hiding imperfections.
  • Keep you a bit warmer when the sun goes in.
  • Make guys look at your legs more - the is she or isn't she wearing hose question.
  • Remove the need to get a tan and skin cancer.
  • Are more modest and less slutty than bare legs.  But don't hide your legs either
  • Have royal approval.
Final thought does Kate wash her own nude tights?

No comments:

Post a Comment